Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, if you click on or purchase through certain links, I may receive a small commission which does not have an effect on the price you pay for the item.
21 Stunning Plus Size Dresses for the Mother of the Bride
I searched and found 21 Stunning Plus Size Dresses for the Mother of the Bride or Mother of the Groom, that look gorgeous on feminine women with curves. Here is everything you need to know about the Mother Of The Bride Attire Etiquette.
Weddings are not only an occasion of happiness but they are also a great option for everyone to show off their glamorous style. For your daughter’s or son’s wedding day you want an age appropriate dress, so worry no further as I have gone out of my way to help the gorgeous moms to find her dress style specifically for her childs most important day.
Ditch designer and opt for an online dress for affordability
Since our main focus is the affordability factor, you should ditch the designer or boutique clothes and opt for more reasonable options available online. There are a ton of websites that offer designer dupes or local designers that can design your clothes much cheaper. In this small budget style guide however, I suggest you search online, make sure you watch out for the reviews!
Avoid color blunders
0f course we know that colors such as white and ivory or champaign are a no-go, these colors are exclusively reserved for the bride. Never wear the same color as the bride, whatever color she chooses and also never wear black, unless it is a Black & White Theme Wedding. Maybe opt for other sophisticated hues according to the Wedding Theme such as dusty or sky blue, navy, lilca, peach, rosegold, shell pink or other soft hues.
Buy your outfits beforehand
Time management is always crucial in weddings! And as the mother of the bride or groom, order the dress that matches the timeline of the event, so that if any alterations are needed, they are done on time. Also coordinate your dresses with each other, to avoid mismatched colors or clash with the colors. Avoid bold patterns and too bright colors, that is my personal recommendation. Please wear the colors you love.
Opt for comfortable cuts and silhouettes
We can’t stress enough the importance of cuts and silhouettes! You can either go floaty with a cinched-in waist if it’s a summer season wedding but fitted silhouettes also look flattering on women over 50, specifically curvy women. Knee-length is the perfect length for a Mother of the Bride or Mother of the Groom. Placing your hemline is equally important for a classy impression. But remember, the style has no limits so wear whatever you want as it’s also a very special day for you, seeing you gave birth to that baby getting married.
21 Plus Size Dresses for the Mother of the Bride or Mother of the Groom with Shopping Links for Your Perfect Look
Lilac, Smoky Silver Gray or Rosegold Colors Women Over Fifty Love and Feel Confident Wearing on Special Occasions
Dresses in flowing fabrics in soft colors or maxi dresses, long or midi, whatever your personal favorite dress style is, fashion tips for the Mother of the Bride /Groom are endless.
Glamorous Weddings allow Glamorous Dresses! Should the Mother of the Bride or Groom wear a glamorous dress to her daughter's or son's wedding...
- Sweetheart neckline A-Line Dress Transparent sleeves and neckline with beaded illusion detail and ruffed waist, available in Plus Size and Regular Sizes
- Plus Size Midi Cap Sleeve Dress with Sequinsin Rosegold available in Sizes 14-24 Plus
- Plus Size Long Beaded Gown with Satin Tie Belt, this stunning Navy Blue Dress is availble in Sizes 14-22 Plus
What color should the Mother of the Bride wear? Soft, Dusty Pink and Rosegold Tones often dominate as the Main Colors at Modern or Theme Weddings.
- Plus Size Embellished Sequin Gown with Capelt TopThis feminine Dress for the Mother of the Bride or Mother od the Groom is in a soft Latte color and is available in Plus Size and Regular Sizes.
- Plus Size Long Beaded Gown with Satin Tie Belt, this stunning Mocha colored Dress is availble in Sizes 14-22 Plus and in lovely further colors: Navy, Champagner, Merlot, Lavender
- Plus Size Long Beaded Gown in Lavender, a beautiful Plus Size dress in the most popular Color for the Mother of the Bride or Mother of the Groom.
Think Outside the Box, Stick to the Color Plan and Prepare like you are going to the Oscars 🙂
- Plus Size Long Lace Mock Dress in a lovely Peacock Color which is also an often used Wedding Theme Color. Also available in further colors such as Plum, Taupe, Sky, Shell Pink, Navy, Heather, Deep Plum, in Size 14-24 Plus.
- Plus Size Dress with a round neck and 3D applique long sheer sleeves. Lovely fitted dress with belt available in different colors.
- Plus Size 3/4 Sleeve Beaded Gown with a soft fabric and a feminine v-neckline style
What's The Wedding Theme? How should the Mother of the Bride dress on her daughter's wedding is an often asked question.
- BeautifulPlus Size Floral Print Lace Dress Fit and Flare belted Dress perfect for a Garden Wedding available in Sizes 14-24 Plus
- Off the Shoulder Ruffle Dress with a fresh floral print design for a Summer Wedding available from Small – 3XL Sizes
Beaded Bodice Flutter Sleeve Chiffon Gown in soft lilac grey is a popular color for the Mother of The Bride or Mother of the Groom. Size 14-22 Plus
Why Plus Size Women look good in soft fabrics and wrap dress styles, see for yourself! Isn't it just flattering and irresistible.
I hope you enjoyed this Blogpost.
I only show looks I love and wear myself, all looks and styleguides are created by me, based on my personal ideas and my own opinions only.
I would love to meet you on Instagram @justfiftyplus.style or on Pinterest @justfiftyplus
Have a Magical Day