21 Ways Trendy Women Dazzle in a Black Dress
Why we feel that there is more than just one way to wear a little black dress (LBD), just read on and see stunning and timeless black dresses in different styles and 21 Ways Trendy Women Dazzle in a Black Dress on many different occasions.
The Little Black Dress is a classically elegant cut black dress, originally. Designers were however inspired to level up the black dress from its original style and turn it into an all-time must-have and essential item in every woman’s wardrobe. It is considered a classic of women’s fashion.
The little black dress (LBD) was originally worn as an evening or cocktail dress, it’s cut simple, chic and often quite short at approximately knee-length. I think one of the most famous little black dresses was worn by beautiful Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” designed by Givenchy.
The origins of the little black dress date back to the 1920s designs of Coco Chanel and Jean Patou, with its intention to be timeless and versatile, according to fashion historians.
For as long as we can remember, the little black dress is considered an ultimate essential to a complete wardrobe. Most fashion stylists and observers believe that every woman should own an elegant, simple and timeless black dress that can be dressed up or dressed down depending on the occasion.
For a daytime business look you can wear the LBD with a blazer, pumps and accessorize with a scarf. For an evening occasion, cocktail dinner party or a formal event such as a wedding or ball, add some sparkling accessories such as ornate jewelry or a striking shawl.
21 Ways Trendy Women Dazzle in a Black Dress With Shopping Links for Your Perfect and Affordable Black Dress For Every Occasion
Casual Black Dresses For Everyday Wear That Many Women Over Fifty Love and Feel Confident Wearing
Weekend Shopping and Lunch with the Girls. How to turn a casual black dress into many different looks. Dress it up or dress it down with a blazer, denim or leather jacket or cardigan, add accessories, scarves, belts, wear it with pumps, sandals, boots, the sky is the limit and the possible looks you can create with just one black dress are endless.
- This gorgeous Esperanza Maxi Dress with a front button closure and ribbed fabric has very good reviews for its perfect fit. Wear it as it is or accessorize it with a belt or a belt bag. Awesome with a Denim or Leather Jacket or just a cardigan for cooler nights.
- This Sundance Maxi Dress is just awesome for women over fifty who want to cover that unloved belly. The front twist detail and the fine jersey fabric is here to solve our problems. With its flattering design it hides what is not to be enhanced and is very flattering with its V Neckline and asymmetric skirt.
- This Kavala Sweater Dress is similar to Nr.1 except that it has long sleeves and is available not only in black but also in Camel and Ivory. The front button closure and rib knit fabric emphasize and flatter the female curves.
Black Dresses for the 50plus Working Woman Who Enjoy Looking Stylish and Trendy in Business Wear
Business Wear can vary from casual to elegant, depending what exactly the job is. I was in an office job working as an event and marketing manager for many years. I would have worn all three of these dresses to business meetings, location checks and just a day at the office.
- This Sweater Midi Dress is comfort at its best and that is what most women over 50 appreciate when wearing a garment for many hours of the day. Add a belt or chain belt to accessorize this pull on with fold over neckline. The belt is not included. The dress is also available in Sand Color.
- Tied Up Knit Dress with a wrap tie closure, which is my personal favorite style,wrapped loosely or tight, creating different looks which the soft knit fabrics allows.
- This Ralph Lauren Cleora Dress is a pull on with a wrap style design at the front. The V-Neck is lovely when accentuated with a necklace or scarf. Add a Blazer for a business meeting or maybe a denim jacket for lunch with co-workers.
Night Out On The Town Outfit Ideas For the 50 Plus Woman Who Dare to Dress Up.
These little black dresses are pretty sexy aren’t they. Now there are 2 reasons I love these looks, firstly I think that women over 50 can wear anything if the body shape suits the style, as long as they feel comfortable. Secondly, Nr.1 and Nr. 2 can also be styled with black high-quality leggings or skinny pants if you feel they are too short to wear as a dress. There you have it!
- What I like most about this soft flowing Daydream Tunic is the wrap front with the side tie closure. Women over 50 look best wearing this short tunic dress with high quality leggings or as a dress if you have worked out all your life and have legs to kill for.
- This gorgeous off the shoulder No Bad Angles Dress is soft and easy to wear with or without a belt.
- The asymmetric hem is so flattering and very popular amongst many women over 50. This stunning Camo Dress is also available in more vibrant colors namely khaki, red and white.
Glamour is a Girls Best Friends! Or was it Diamonds? 🙂
I couldn’t resist adding these 3 glamorous black dresses because I love these occasional special events, even though they are very rare. Attending a red carpet premiere, going to an opening, a ball or an uptown cocktail party, one of these would be on my list. But for now, it’s ok to just enjoy the idea of wearing one of these 3 totally different and unique styles.
- Ok I admit, this playful and delicate all over Lace Dress is rather daring for women over 50. But we are just fifty plus, not dead! Wear it if you dare! I would, it shows skin but doesnt have the effect of nakedness. (is that even a word !?)
- Now this is too short for my liking to wear as a dress, but why not add Black Spanx and sexy heels to keep the glamorous touch this sequined and embroidered fringe dress has to offer.
- The Winner! With its asymmetric shoulder and front cut out knot accent, this Edgy Dress has the ultimate feminine design, making every woman over fifty a diva with style and grace.
What's The Occasion? Weddings, Christmas Dinners, Cocktail Parties and Anniversaries.
Our Kids are getting married, we and our friends are celebrating long lasting wedding anniversaries, our Christmas Dinners are exclusive and Invitations to Cocktail Parties or Dinner Events are extended.
- A feminine Pin Tuck Blouson Dress with beaded trim which is a very flattering design with its shoulder cut outs for women over 50 (who don’t like showing that sagging skin on their arms)
- The simple elegance of this one-shoulder styled Eden Midi Dress speaks for itself. The answer to how to wear a ladylike ageless look.
- The Winslow Dress with padded shoulders and ruched details is lovely on tall women, adding a slimming waist effect due to the V effect.
HOT HOT HOT ... You think just because you're a grandma you need to dress like one? Babe, you're 50+, so what! Wear what you want!
What exactly is an ageless look? Or an age appropriate outfit? How do you balance looking hot but sophisticated? Many women over 50 dont feel confident wearing certain styles, well I wear what I want and so should you!
- This super Mini Dress , for women over 50 with great legs and even greater self-confidence. Concealed front button closure and waist tie. I would wear this short dress with Tuxedo Leggings.
- This gorgeous Solana Dress is a mix of elegance with a touch of sexy with its asymmetric hem. Its soft knit fabric with pull-on styling and detachable tie fabric is definately a must-have for 50+ women who want to flaunt it.
- Ohlala… This Lizzo Dress with its transparent slip-overand playful strapbra ist definately an eye-catcher. Adjustable shoulder straps, pull-on styling and stretch fit.
Date Night with Your Partner? Why not wear your Little Black Dress! Dress It Up Or Dress It Down...
Have you met someone who makes your heart skip a beat? Is there a new partner and you want to look awesome on your first date? Or just a date with your partner of many years? I love date night with my husband, our life is so busy, making those just you and me evenings more than special.
- This black stretch Tara Dress with smocked shoulders has 5Star reviews. Just add jewelry, wear it with a blazer, a leather or denim jacket, a shawl or as is.
- Simply sexy, this Sariah Midi Dress with a high leg slit and square neckline is definately an eyecatcher that can be styled up many ways without ever looking flashy.
- Trés Chic! Dress it up with statement jewelry or let this gorgeous Irisa Dress speak for itself. The knit fabric and dainty shoulder straps add a very feminine touch to your shoulders and curves. Just wear it with heels and you’ve got the look.
I hope you enjoyed this Blogpost.
I only show looks I love and wear myself, all looks and styleguides are created by me, based on my personal ideas and my own opinions only. I would love to meet you on Instagram @justfiftyplus.style or on Pinterest @justfiftyplus
Have a Magical Day
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, if you click on or purchase through certain links, I may receive a small commission which does not have an effect on the price you pay for the item.